Names, Regions and Tourism routes for Mpumalanga Province, South Africa
About Mpumalanga Province
- A province of South Africa.
- Name changed from Eastern Transvaal to Mpumalanga on 24 August 1995.
- Mpumalanga means: Place Where the Sun Rises.
- The surface area of Mpumalanga is only 79 490 km², the second-smallest province after Gauteng.
- The capital of the province is Nelspruit (Mbombela).
- The southern half of the Kruger National Park is in Mpumalanga Province.
Mpumalanga Province is divided into three municipal districts, which are further subdivided into 18 local municipalities:
- Ehlanzeni District Municipality.
- Gert Sibande District Municipality.
- Nkangala District Municipality.
Ehlanzeni District Municipality
Thaba Chweu Local Municipality.
Mbombela Local Municipality.
Umjindi Local Municipality.
Nkomazi Local Municipality.
Bushbruckridge Local Municipality.
Mpumalanga Tourism Information
Tel: 013 752 7001
Fax: 013 759 5441
E-mail: [email protected]
Last updated on 2015/11/17