More about this website.
You have to contact the webmaster of the site and state your intention to get your establishment listed on the page of your city/suburb/town. Listing on the page of your city/suburb/town is completely free with some limitations.
About the Purpose
When planning a holiday or a business trip you can make arrangements through a travel agent or you can do it yourself. Both ways has its own advantages. The aim of this website is to provide contact information for accommodation and camping options in South Africa. The type of services rendered by establishments listed will be shown seperately.
About the Author
Erich Laubscher, on pension but not retired. Born BC (before computers) and most definitely diagnosed with TB (technological blockage).
About the Origin
Many moons ago, before internet was available to all people, I bought my first computer. This was a two floppy system, no hard drive, state of the art desktop computer. No way anything could be ‘Googled’. No electronic bookings.
About the best information you needed in planning a holiday came from the tourism offices of municipalities. That was all done by snail mail and when requesting information a standard address looked like: The Tourism Office, Municipal Office, (name of town). A week or three later you received an information pack from them.
From these information packs I created a file per town with information about the specific town’s accommodation and some other information for things to do and to see.
- Use of the information and data contained on this WWW site and these pages is at your sole risk.
- If you rely on the information on this site you are responsible for ensuring by independent verification its accuracy or completeness.
- If you use automatic language translation services in connection with this site you do so at your own risk.
- The information and data on this Site is subject to change without notice.
- The disclaimer may be revised at any time by updating this posting.
- In this site, unless it appears to the contrary, the singular shall include the plural and visa versa, any reference to any gender shall also include the opposite gender and any reference to a natural person, shall include legal person and visa versa.
- This site is provided “AS IS” and on an “IS AVAILABLE” basis, without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, non- infringement, title, security and compatibility.
The easy Travelers Online Guide, its owner, and representatives:
- Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this site;
- Make no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy or usefulness of any translation of the information on this site or any linked site into another language;
- Accept no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it (including translated information and data);
- Make no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose;
- Make no warranties that the said information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination;
- Do not sponsor, endorse or necessarily approve of any material on sites linked from or to this Site;
- Do not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of any material on sites linked from or to this site;
- Do not make any warranties or representations that material on other web sites to which this site is linked does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person anywhere in the world;
- Do not authorize the infringement of any intellectual property rights contained in material in other sites by linking this Site to those other sites.
- User – A person who uses and/or access computer software and/or material via this site;
- Software – Including but not limited to any images or files incorporated in or generated by the software or data accompanying such software;
- Material – Including but not limited to text, submissions, images, audio and/or video in whole or in part; “Content” – Included but not limited to software and material;
- e-TOG sites – All the sites on the World Wide Web controlled and/or owned by e-TOG;
- Submissions – Including but not limited to notes, images, creative materials, ideas, suggestions concepts, communication including any data, questions, comments and other information submitted in the e-TOG site via transmission by electronic mail or otherwise;
- Forums – Including but not limited to bulletin boards, chat rooms and other public areas found on the e-TOG
- First of all, I want to apologize for the inconvenience over the past three days (2018/01/16-18). I think this will be worth the while.
- It was long due to rewrite the site (1270 pages) to new and faster technology and the best is that the site is now also mobile friendly. Yes, that is correct, it had to be rewritten page by page. The first page on 2017/02/19.
- There were some major changes to the structure of the site and at this moment redirects were set-up for the top 400 pages. The remaining pages will redirect to the home page of the new site and will get redirects when used. Please use the Site Search to navigate to your request.
- Last but not the least, please help me to make the site a better experience. You can send me information through the Contact Page.
- 2018/02/20 Another apology for the major disturbances on the site from 2018/01/28-31. Had some major Brute Force Attacks on the site, but we survived. The past two weeks the site was about trouble free and the past week the down time was 0%.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 2018/02/20 Since the site went live on 2018/01/16-18 I spent the greater part of my time on the SEO of the site and can report that the click through rate from Google search results showed a major improvement. At least there is also a major growth in the usage by mobile devices.
- The new site started off with 1270 pages and currently there are 1288 pages, a growth of 19 pages. Of these there are 385 pages that urgently need SEO improvement, 675 pages the SEO are ok and 228 pages the SEO are good. The aim is to having all the pages with a good SEO.
- In the meantime broken links have a major effect on the success of the site. Tested today no broken links were found of 1641 unique url’s in 9062 links. All links are tested in a sickle of 72 hours.
Alphabetical list of pages for South African cities, provinces, regions, suburbs and towns.
Find Accommodation by City, Suburb, Settlement, Town or Village. If you are looking for accommodation in South Africa in a specific City, Suburb, Settlement, Town or Village, but are not sure which South African province it is in, jump to the letter the City, Suburb, Settlement, Town or Village name starts with and then select the name from the list provided. Most noteworthy is that this list is not necessarily a complete list of all towns in South Africa. Please help us if this seems to be incorrect. You can leave a reply at the bottom of the page or go to the contact page. In conclusion, this list may contain the same town more than once because of name changes that happened over the years.