Alphabetical list of pages for cities, provinces, regions, suburbs and towns in South Africa
Click on the letter above and get a list of towns (pages) that start with the specific letter. Except for the letter X.
Most noteworthy is that this list is not necessarily a complete list of all towns in South Africa. Please help us if this seems to be incorrect. You can leave a reply at the bottom of the page or go to the contact page.
In conclusion, this list may contain the same town more than once because of name changes that happened over the years.
About South Africa
- Officially the Republic of South Africa (RSA), is the southernmost country in Africa.
- It is the 25th-largest country in the world by land area and, with close to 56 million people, is the world’s 24th-most populous nation.
- To the south and west it is bordered by the South Atlantic Ocean and to the south and east it is bordered by the Indian Ocean with 2,798 kilometres (1,739 mi) of coastline.
- On the north the country borders by the neighboring countries of Namibia, Botswana, and Zimbabwe; and on the east and northeast by Mozambique and Swaziland and surrounds the kingdom of Lesotho.
- The country is a multiethnic society encompassing a wide variety of cultures, languages, and religions. Its pluralistic makeup is reflected in the constitution’s recognition of 11 official languages. This colorful mix of cultures gives South Africa its nickname “rainbow nation”.
- Since 1994, all ethnic and linguistic groups have held political representation in the country’s democracy, which comprises a parliamentary republic and nine provinces. Also is often referred to as the “Rainbow nation” to describe the country’s multicultural diversity.
- The name is derived from the country’s geographic location at the southern tip of Africa. Upon formation the country was named the Union of South Africa in English, reflecting its origin from the unification of four formerly separate British colonies. Since 1961 the long form name in English has been the “Republic of South Africa”.
↓New to this website↓
Annual events and festivals in South Africa:
Due to unforeseen circumstances event and festival details can change. For the reason that this may happen, please check with the organizers before making your travel arrangements. All information is published in good faith as supplied by the organizers.